MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Discovery Learning Community,
I hope you all have a wonderful week off with your students next week during Spring Break. When we return to the building on April 18 we are preparing for several spring assessments including i-Ready Math and Reading Diagnostics and the Smarter Balanced Assessment. Here are some helpful tips for caregivers to support students during any assessment.
- Prioritize attendance and make sure your child is not rushed getting to school on time
- Ask your students how they feel about testing, and offer reassurance or perspective if they have any anxiety around exams
- Offer positive reinforcement through encouragement and praise so your student feels confident
- Support healthy sleep and nutrition
- Keep testing in perspective - assessments guide teachers in their lesson planning and serve as a tool to measure and celebrate student growth
When we return from the break we will also begin preparing for next year. Please be on the lookout for information about the placement process, tours for our incoming Kindergartners and families new to Discovery, and encourage your friends and families to register their students for the 2022-2023 school year, if they have not already done so.
Thanks for your partnership and support - it’s going to be a great spring!
- Principal Message